FLO Living Experiments...

less coffee made pleasant by a beautiful hand thrown mug; 
sprouted alfalfa; honey instead of white sugar; jar salads



During one of my many treks to Dallas for kids' medical appointments, I listened to a Fertility Friday podcast interview of Alisa Vitti, author of Woman Code and most recently, In the FLO, and founder of the Cycle Syncing Method that balances and optimizes women's hormones for health and happiness at floliving.com.  A lot of truth and wisdom here, ladies.  While I certainly don't agree with everything she advocates, while listening to her podcast interview I felt a deep resonance with the experiences she's had and those of other women that she shared.  No, Keto, etc. does not seem to work for the women I've known who tried it.  Yes, I'm tempted to feel weak or that I lack virtue because I don't feel the same over the course of a day, every day (male circadian rhythm), because I seem to have energy and mood cycles (female infradian rhythm).  Of course my female hormones affect and are affected by... everything.  Of course all the popular health, fitness, and wellness trends are not well-tested on women, especially those of child-bearing/pre-menopausal age.  Of course an answer for women should be responsive to our physiology. I am currently experimenting with syncing my eating and activities with my fertility cycle hormones and even the little bit I've begun to incorporate is helping me feel more healthy and energized.  This. is. good. stuff.