Healthy Food Prep for Busy People

 

Most of these supplies were gathered on my counter quite naturally, simply because I was using them late one afternoon, again.  So, I thought they might be helpful to share.  These are definitely a few of my favorite kitchen things.  From the left: mint from my herb garden for adding to water- helps make drinking lots of it more pleasant and settles the stomach when it is upset; sea salt & spray olive oil- my go-to for roasting veggies and my starting point with many proteins too; olive oil and balsamic & red wine vinegars- great salad dressings or marinades; chocolate Fairlife milk- my kids' favorite protein source; low-fat cottage cheese (with sea salt & pepper!)- my current favorite quick protein source.  My mixer and Ninja blender are in the back.  I didn't get either until the last couple Christmases but they have been great for us.  The mixer helps me cook and bake larger quantities faster, something I need now that I have two teen boys and another on his way there.  They also love the Ninja, especially the personal smoothie cup and blade for quick protein smoothies.